The EOS Business Service Center staff help researchers to manage their business operations and keep everything running smoothly. Located on the third floor of Morse Hall, the BSC personnel assist with purchasing, payroll, travel, financial reporting, and related activities. Here you'll find more detailed information about all the services they offer, along with important contact information, additional forms, and helpful links.
ESRC/OPAL/SMSOE/EOS Administration Responsibilities: PC business manager; oversees internal and external billing; provides post-award guidance to staff and PIs; assists PIs with fiscal management; provides ad-hoc reporting as required; monitors operating and grant and contract expenditures; N.H. Space Grant/EPSCoR subaward invoices/cost share Read MoreAdministrative Account Specialist
ESRC/OPAL/SMSOE/EOS Administration Responsibilities: Oversee BSC staff; provide pre-award proposal services (RFP review, budget preparation); provide post-award guidance to staff and PIs (compliance oversight, financial reporting, salary planning/distributions, cost share commitments); manage human resources processes; budget development and forecasting IDC earnings; interim fiscal agent for N.H. Sea Grant Read MoreFinancial Support Specialist and Assistant Director, Earth Systems Research Center
CCOM Responsibilities: P-cards account manager; reimbursement requests; internal and external POs; assists with vendor forms (W9s, ICAs); assists with hiring and pay of supplemental, adjunct personnel, graduate students and summer faculty; processes subaward invoices; ad-hoc reporting Read MoreFinancial Support Specialist
- Assist with Completion of Proposal Applications and Budget Development
- Liaison with Sponsored Programs Administration
- Center Annual Budgets
- Position budgeting (Faculty, OS, PAT)
- Salary increases (Faculty, OS, PAT)
- Administrative budgets (EOS Admin)
- Enters encumbrance docs (internal purchase orders)
- Enters requisition docs (external purchase orders)
- Assists with vendor forms (W9s, independent contractor agreements)
- Liaison with Purchasing Office
- Processes travel preapproval forms
- Travel reimbursements
- Pcards approved for travel
- Monthly reports for grants and contracts
- Monitor Center actual performance to budget
- Ad hoc reports as needed
- Liaison with UNH Human Resource Office
- Hiring Process
- General assistance with PDQ process
- Performance/personnel issue
- Processes Leaves (medical, sabbaticals, prof development)
- Biweekly timesheet data entry
- Liaison with Payroll Office
Post Award Services
- Liaison between the PI and SPA
- Monitor spending and prior approval requirements
- Obtain approval for subcontract invoices.
- Manage cost-share accounts including budgeting, documentation and reporting.
- Prepare salary distributions/task system
- Prepare cost transfers/budget revisions
- Review transactions to ensure allowability.
- Understand sponsored program award terms and conditions and provide guidance to PI as needed.
- Assist with grant/contract closeout
The following list contains examples of forms and other important information available at the UNH Accounts Payable web page as well as alternative web pages.
- Mileage Rates
- Reimbursement via direct deposit
- Mileage Chart
- Per Diem Rates
- Currency Converter
- Travel forms
- Faculty/Staff Travel Assistance Services
- International Policies and Travel Resources
- Travel Policy - Chapter 7
The following list contains examples of forms, procedures and other important information available at the UNH Purchasing & Contract Services web page.
- Independent Contractor Agreement
- USNH Substitute W-9 Form
- W-8BEN Form (Certificate of Foreign Status of Beneficial Owner for United States Tax Withholding and Reporting (Individuals))
- W-8BEN-E Form (Certificate of Status of Beneficial Owner for United States Tax Withholding and Reporting (Entities))
- Surplus Property Forms
- Exception to Bid Form
- Bid Intake Form